There are many ways to access books online while the libraries are closed. Here are some links:
- Overdrive App: https://app.overdrive.com This is the app that allows you to take out ebooks and audio books from many public libraries, including the Toronto library. You must already have an active library card.
- Raz-kids: https://www.raz-kids.com/?fbclid=IwAR2FpLL6kQO6YMZClOUFrnCGMeMBHM9fNDvSx2b4AYaoIC56T2iD6sCRF3U This website has levelled books so children can continue to improve their reading level.
- TDSB Virtual Library including Bookflix: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g9_MCGqdRfs2cDI_KGZZV6wF4UMNGRFz4831HqhjEC0/edit This page has many resources, including Bookflix – Netflix for books! Be sure to follow the directions on the page for using the login and passwords.
- Epic : https://www.getepic.com Epic is similar to Bookflix and is free if your child’s teacher has a classroom account – which many do and which many can do if you ask them. For TDSB, email your child’s teacher at firstname.lastname@example.org
- TDSB Learning Resources including Capstone: https://www.tdsb.on.ca/Elementary-School/Supporting-You/Health-Active-Living/Coronavirus/Learning-Resources Not only books but also resources for other subjects.
- Pearson Audible Books: https://www.audible.ca Kids can listen to audio books for free!