What do you do when you call the office for help and nobody answers (besides avoid saying out loud what you are thinking)? It may be that there is already an emergency the office is dealing with. This, of course, doesn’t help you with the fight/medical emergency/elephant in your room. Here are some ideas …
1. Get help from the teacher next door.
2. Send a student with a note to find the principal.
3. Take the whole class down to the office.
4. Call a parent (if you have the number).
5. If it is not dangerous, ignore the behavior and remember not to take a job at that school again as a substitute teacher.
6. Call 911 if you and/or the students are in danger or there is a medical emergency.