I’ve been teaching grade 5 since September and these apps/sites have been GREAT!
- Kami – https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/kami-for-google-chrome/ecnphlgnajanjnkcmbpancdjoidceilk?hl=en This is a Google Chrome extension that has to be used with Google Chrome. Both the teacher and the students need to have the extension. It allows students and teachers to write on PDFs. This means you can use it instead of a whiteboard/jamboard. The students can also write on it and hand it in as homework, without printing out sheets.
- Paint Tool – Marker for Chrome – https://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Internet-Applications-Addons/Chrome-Extensions/Paint-Tool-Marker-for-Chrome.shtml This is another Google Chrome Extension. It allows you to write on any webpage. Very useful!
- Epic – https://www.getepic.com – This is a free online library. The books are divided by age, grade, DRA (reading) level, have quizzes at the end and many of the books have a read out loud option so students can listen. I use it for literacy, science and social studies. it’s great!
- Prodigy – https://www.prodigygame.com/main-en/ This is a free math game website. The students love it. It really improves their basic (and not so basic) math skills.
- Kahoot – https://kahoot.com This is a quiz game website, with many ready made quizzes about all topics – math, science, social studies, literacy and much more. You can also make up your own quiz. Students get points based on correct answers and the speed of their answers. They love it and they learn!